Sunday, December 9, 2007

Birthday on Wheels


skates
Originally uploaded by greenbeangirl74

Today some of my favorite people joined me to celebrate my 33rd birthday on wheels.

We dusted off our skating skillz and took to the Holiday Skate in Orange. Since there were more than 10 of us we qualified for the group rate, only $5.50 for entry and skate rental. Not too shabby.

The rink had all of the glitz and glamour I remember from skating back in the 80s - the disco ball, funky lights mounted to the wall and cheesy paintings abound. It was fantastic.

While we didn't get the chance to do the hokey pokey we did manage to get around the rink a few times with minimal damage. It's amazing how many muscles you use to keep your balance on those four little wheels. Right now I hurt in places I didn't know I had.

It was so much fun. I felt like a kid again. It was a spectacular early birthday.

As we came out of the rink we decided to head south on the 55 towards Corona del Mar.

No comments: