Monday, November 6, 2006

Morning in Laguna

I got to spend the morning with Carmen in Laguna Beach. We haven't seen each other in months and had a lot of catching up to do.


We were going to go to San Diego but opted instead for something more local. So we went for a late breakfast at The Cottage. This former residence has a sliver of an ocean view, nothing like Las Brisas but its coziness makes up for it. I had a tasty omlette and Carmen had pancakes. Very tasty.

We then walked around the shops and beach. It was cloudy and cool but still amazingly beautiful.

I forget how many great restaurants there are in Laguna. If you’re ever in the area I highly recommend Javier’s, Las Brisas, The Cliffs, and The Beach House. The Cliffs has a fantastic view and The Beach House has a great patio. Also tucked away in a picturesque alley way is Gelato Paradiso and La Rue du Chocolat fabulous for desserts.

This is the best place for people watching. I highly recommend it.

No comments: