Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Orange County Fires

I would be remiss if I did not post something on this blog about the Orange County fires. Although most of my posts are here: O.C. Fires, Fire Update, Voluntarily Evacuated, and Returning Home.

This picture was taken on the road leading to our house on Monday. The flames are coming from right behind our complex.

From my window at work I just saw 14 fire trucks from LA, Santa Monica and other cities pass by heading towards our parking lot, which is being used as a staging center for the local fire departments.

The air is thick. There is ash everywhere. Everyone's allergies are going haywire. We all have headaches, congestion, and are coughing.

I am just praying for those who have lost their homes and those who are under mandatory evacuation. We were evacuated for one night and its an odd feeling. You feel very lost and distracted as you try to make sense of everything.

It's amazing how you can't get enough information. We're glued to the internet and tv as we try to piece together what we need to know.

No comments: