Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kaffa! Coffee - Free wifi few outlets!


Kaffa!
Originally uploaded by greenbeangirl74
Named the best coffee house in 2008 and 2009 by various OC publications and news outlets. This small coffee house has a lot of hype to live up to.

Located in a, primarily medical, strip mall, parking is ample. When I arrived at 3 p.m. the coffee house was nearly empty. Score. After my trip to Chapman Coffee House I was ready to get some work done. Decorated in black wood wainscoting and yellow walls, filled with local art for sale, Kaffa! feels intimate and cozy.

Employees are friendly and helpful. They are ready to suggest a drink, sandwich or dessert. By 3 p.m. their pastries are pretty picked over, so I opt for another iced coffee. It is steeped for 72 hours in cold water. Wow. That is some strong iced coffee. Good though.

Wifi is password protected, so be sure to ask for it. However, beware, there are few outlets.In fact there is only one they want you to use and it is up front. The one I found in the back is linked to the kitchen circuit and it could be tripped if you use it. Yikes. So if you go, be sure your battery is charged or don't plan on being there long to work.

Aahh happy to be at a place where I can settle in for a bit, or as long as my battery holds.

No comments: